Thursday, January 15, 2009

There Are Too Many Things Everywhere.

There are box-elder bugs littered all over my room. I don't know if there's something wrong with my window, but they are the current bane of my existence. And, until recently, I didn't know their name was 'box-elder'...I've called them 'brick bugs' since I can remember. When I looked them up on wikipedia, the description said that the box elder bug was a species of 'true bug', whatever that means. I have an indirect light lamp in my room. These (true) bugs are naturally attracted to the light so they end up in the bowl of the lamp. When I hear their wings flapping, I attempt to kill them by spraying them with febreeze, which of course doesn't work. But as a result of this attempted slaying, and because the febreeze that gets sprayed directly onto the light bulbs, the scent permeates my room. So at least there's one good thing that comes of this whole Brick Bug Fiasco ('09).


If you don't know about all these good music websites that are out there...read up. My favorites are La Blogotheque, Black Cab Sessions, The Current, and Daytrotter. Peter recently told me about Black Cab and I almost prefer it to La Blogotheque because it's just one cab ride, one take.
But since I can't post any videos from that site, here's the next best thing: one of Bon Iver's sessions for La Blogotheque.


It's amazing.





I watched a bit of Wes Anderson's Bottle Rocket tonight. I love that film. In the description of the film though, it says it stars Luke Wilson and Owen C. Wilson....which, for whatever reason lead me to investigate Owen a bit which lead me to discover that....the 'C' is for Cunningham and that he's only 3 years younger than my mother.

3 comments:

  1. I loves you and your blog. I always have a bunch to say... so then I don't know what to say. But its great. Fo sho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this one... I love the brick bug terminology, though I've never heard a box-elder referred to by that name. And the idea of you attacking them with Fabreeze is precious and almost fantastic in its own way. And I want to watch movies with you. And I like how you research stuff. And weird about Owen and your mom. And why did Owen have the C but Luke had no middle initial? If that gives you an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And who is older Luke or Owen? Hah.

    ReplyDelete